Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's been a while...

It has been almost a whole year since I wrote anything, so instead of writing to catch everything up, I'm pretty much going to start over. My goal is to write a little bit about our day each day so that those of our family who can't see us every day can check up on us.

Today has been a pretty good day. Mostly just hanging out with Atreyu and a couple of the kids that I watch. Pretty much how everyday goes for me. Atreyu absolutely loves having friends come over. When we go for a few days without having kids here, he starts getting clingy and grumpy. He's much happier when he has others to play with, and so am I. I love to play with all of them, but sometimes if I need a minute to get something done quickly, he's being kept busy by the other kids.

Tonight Tyler wasn't home to help me with Atreyu while I made dinner, so I had to get creative to keep him occupied while I made dinner so that he wasn't crying at my feet to be held or entertained the whole time. So I put some water and soap in the kitchen sink and let him "wash the dishes". pretty much a container and his cup and a couple other little things.

 He discovered that the brush had a suction cup on the other end. He thought it was pretty cool to get it to stick to the bottom of the sink.

 I finally got him to look at me. He pretty much ignored me the entire time lol.
And needless to say, EVERYTHING was soaked. His clothes, the floor. But he was happy, and I got to make supper in peace (also while laughing at him).

Then at bath time, he decided to make a game of getting in and out of the tub, and he even tried to dive into it head first a couple of times. Then when he was finished, he looks at me, gives me a huge grin, and his naked little body runs out of the bathroom and all through the house as fast as he could as I chased him down with a towel. He thought it was pretty grand.

So that is how our day went. Now I need to clean the kitchen and shower and get to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment